Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My last weekend was full of culture and booze and so I'm feeling inspired to write my monthly entry. I had my two best friends from uni (Mesdamoiselles Skilbeck and Jones) to come and stay in my little flat, which is still in a complete state. C'est la bordelle as the French would say (bordelle being a whorehouse, hmm...). We managed lots of alcohol-related things at night and lots of Parisian things during the day (well, the afternoons). The unnecessarily long episode in H&M doesn't really count but apart from that we did the Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, the Louvre etc etc - all very nice. Touristy weekends remind me why I'm here in this cool place!

Change may be afoot with all things job-related - WW are keen to tempt me away and they may yet be successful. The location of the office might just do it on it's own - 5 minutes from the Eiffel Tower at WW compared to commuterville hell at the skyscraper district La Defense if I stayed at Mercer... Haven't yet spoken to the big bosses at Mercer but think they're likely to be a bit annoyed - oh well!

Final piece of news is a bit more exciting - bought tickets yesterday for the Rock en Seine music festival at the end of August in Paris. Only 70 euros for two days, and the set list is as follows:

http://www.rockenseine.com

Not bad I'm sure you'll agree!!

Pictures from my weekend to follow as soon as the picture uploader thingy decides to co-operate...








4 comments:

Hotstuff said...

Great headliners - two of my fave bands.

Saw Mozza last night at the Apollo with da boys. Watch out for his incredible version of How Soon is Now. MWard - Give me a shout if you find a live version of that song on your interweb travels.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you're having fun :] How was the weekend with Holly and your dad? I must ring this week! Soo much to tell you (all fo it boring, but still)
xx

Owen said...

Are the Arctic Monkeys playing there? Eh?

Are you sure you want to go back to WW?....everyone seems to be leaving. It's only the dead wood like Smaje and Millward that's left behind.

Owen said...

are you ever going to update? what do you expect me to do with my days?