Sunday, November 19, 2006

Les Killers - c'etait enorme!

Wednesday night was the Killers gig I'd been waiting aaaaages for, and I wasn't disappointed! Went with my friend from Manc, Sharon, plus her sister and a mate from Paris, Jethro. The venue was nice and intimate (about the size of the Futureheads gig for those who went to that - can't remember which Academy room that was) and we were right at the front. Lots of jumping around, getting hot and sweaty and singing til I lost my voice - all required ingredients for a great gig. They played all the crowd-pleasers and encored with All These Things That I've Done, though my fave was Mr Brightside which rocked. Pictures from my mate's camera will hopefully follow shortly if she gets around to sending them to me!

After the gig Jethro casually told us that he'd met Razorlight the previous week in the pub he runs a quiznight in. After impressing them with his wit and charm the whole evening (and plying them with lots of free beer) he managed to get a promise of being "sorted out" for the gig they're playing in December supporting Muse. So we texted them after the Killers gig to see if the offer was still available and think it's in the bag! Whether it's tickets or guest list or backstage passes we don't know yet, butI'm not complaining whatever happens. Plus I now have Razorlight Guy's number in my phone hee hee!




And now for something completely different...

Have a look at this freaky robot called BigDog!!!! Credit for finding this monstrosity goes to Christopher. Click on the Video Download thingy to discover the full extent of the creepiness :


http://www.bostondynamics.com/content/sec.php?section=BigDog

This is going to give me nightmares for weeks. And now I've shared the nightmare with the world. Evil laugh mwah ha ha etc etc...

3 comments:

Hotstuff said...

Me and my friend Phil both think that the following bit of Mr Brightside is the funniest thing since sliced wombat:

"Now they’re going to BED
And my stomach is SICK
And it’s all in my HEAD
But she’s touching his......."

If I was playing blankety blank I wouldn't come up with the word 'CHEST'. Humour on a base level I know but I like it. Please confirm that it isn’t only me and Phil who laugh every time he sings this.

Or if it is, please humour us.

Mark Millward said...

lunt, i agree with you on this one, i've always thought that too.

it reminds me of a grown up version of:

Mary had jam, Mary had jelly,
Mary came home with a pain in her...
Don't be mistaken, don't be misled,
Mary came home with a pain in her head.

or a not quite so smutty version of this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QGeJ5IuMRpQ

...a clip from youtube with a song from the under-featured wendy testaburger. it's funny


sorry for pirating your blog here alice. continue...

PT said...

Mmmmm. Well, childish frippery aside, that dog-robot video is impressive (if long to download) - especially the bit where he boots it and it keeps its balance.

In fact, the only thing better than that is, er, a real dog.

They yelp as well when you boot them. Most satisfying.