Thursday, November 09, 2006

Remember me?

Well it's time for my quarterly update of all things Evansian. Here's what I've been upto in pictures since July when the weather was nice and I could go on my bike to work without my ears turning black and falling off...




Going up a skyscraper with my friend Becky and taking lots of pretty pictures of Paris at night (and getting very stupid hair due to strong winds).

Going go karting (August I think) with my old Mercer colleagues which was great fun although very sweaty. You start the evening by putting on already drenched all-in-ones and it goes downhill from there (literally, seeing as the track had a cool little ramp bit). I came 4th out of 13, beating most of the boys so I was pretty chuffed. Apparently I became quite the road rage dervish once I was on the track - Vincent had a bruised leg to prove it after I accidentally mounted his kart (no innuendo necessary...)

Now take one last look at the photo and notice how baaaaaad French people's shoes are. You see, I was simply doing my duty to the world of fashion by trying to mow them down on the karting track.

This is the almost the front cover for the mix CD I made for all the excellent ladies and gents that I went to the Rock en Seine festival with at the end of August. I say almost because the final version has loads of groovy colours on it (I'm being considerate to OG by posting the tame edition above). Rock en Seine's a whole other post in itself (and I've probably missed the boat there to be fair) but I'll just tell you that The Raconteurs, Morrissey and Beck all rocked big stylee.

These pictures were taken on the Sunday morning after Dave (the satisfied-looking guy all ready to fly with his passport in his pocket) had cooked us fantastic cheesybaconscrambledeggs on toast. In a word, yuuuuuummmmm......

After the high japes and hilarity of ReS, the dark age of Exams followed, for which there are no pictures for very good reasons. Once the light at the end of the tunnel had appeared, the Evans family went for a little trip down to Dorset which was lovely indeed. Here's a nice piccie of me and my sister...

...and an absolutely ace picture of my dad which makes me wet myself every time I look at it. My dear sweet sis is completely oblivious to the raging lunatic in a Bob Marley t-shirt behind her.

This was taken at the site of the Cerne Abbas giant (aka white man with a big willy carved on a hill, fertility symbol and supposedly a sure fire way of getting pregnant if you have sex on the bit that counts). We took the obligatory pictures and made small talk but it was a bit embarrassing for all concerned, especially when I unwisely embarked on the Millenium Eve orgy story that I'd watched in a documentary on the telly (late night channel 5 at a guess). Thankfully it started raining about 5 mins after this pic was taken so we let the crazy man drive us back home.

At the end of October I went on a flying visit to London (Lunt - I waited for you in Wimbledon Sainsbury's all morning - where were you???). This is a pic of me and Dave that I like just because of his smoooooth posing on the picnic bench (he really should be hiding that wedding ring if he's going to pull moves like that).



And this is what three tipsy girls all sharing a room got up to at the end of the evening when it was time for bed....






Righty, well that should provide a good 10 mins distraction for all those bored at work!

And here's Jerry's Final Thought...
I hereby pledge to update my blog more regularly (well, more regularly than once every 4 months) to avoid such unreasonably long and insuffciciently detailed posts. Every day I shall aspire to be more like Emperor of the Regular Bloggers, Maximowen Gartsidius.

(Hilarious tampered photo not pictured.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! you made me laugh, Holly is totally oblivious, poor girl!

Lovely to hear your dirty laugh saved for posterity too!

I miss you! xxx

Might call over the weekend. :x

Mark Millward said...

look, see what happens, you post on your blog and anonymous people like the fella above come and offer you money. for free. $900 of the stuff. not bad eh?

Mark Millward said...

sorry, i meant to expand on that last comment. great post alice, cheers for the update in the life of evans.

I like the photo from the top of the tall building thingy. 'evans above...

sorry. the puns don't stop you know.

alicerachel said...

Keep the puns coming - I do miss the naff British sense of humour!
Am going to go out on a limb here and promise another blog entry before the end of the week. Now there's commitment for ya...

Hope all is well in the Millhouse.

Owen said...

I'm not quite sure I want more regular updates seeing as I get a pasting every time you do. Mocking my affliction indeed.

It's not my fault I have OCB.

Owen said...

Is the guy on the top right of your montage Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot?

alicerachel said...

I've just had to hunt high and low on t'internet to find out who that guy is. His website (if you can call it that) has a seriously 'pimp' video on it which I would estimate cost around 50 quid.
The worrying question is how do you know who he is??

Owen said...

I had to check the internet for his name. I was just going to put "lead singer of Curiosity Killed the Cat" but I knew he had a french sounding name so thought that'd sound much more cleverer like.